Tuesday, February 2, 2010

West Coast RC Supercross, Round 4- Finals, *LIVE FROM THE TRACK!*

*LIVE FROM THE TRACK!*
-Not as many people here as last Sunday. I was even able to park close!
-Tried driving from the end of the stand farthest from the ramp. Felt too wierd, so I moved back to my normal spot for the 2nd run with my T4.
-Ha! 1/8 controlled practice is running right now and there's only 1 car on the track. What a waste.
-Motor temps are good so far on both the T4 and SC10.
-Finished 3rd run on T4. Felt ok. Motor temp was 163F.
-Nice somebody remembered to water the track this time, so it won't turn into a dust bowl again.
-Missed SC practice session, because I thought only 4wd SC as up, not all SC trucks. At least I already put in 4 runs with my T4 :)
-WTF?! It just got really cold in here all of a sudden...
-Hungry now. Waiting for the free food or lunch truck.
-Got 2 free hot dogs and somes fries from the lunch truck.
-Controlled practice is over for me. I think I'll gear down 1 tooth in each truck for racing since both felt soft on acceleration.
-Thinking of trying 20deg timing again, with P6 on the SPX, just to see if that will cool the motor down. Not today though, next race...
-Wooohoo! Only 15 heats today, so I should be home around midnight, hopefully.
-Just finished 6th in Stock Truck with a 10:05. Lots of fast guys tonight. Motor temped at 173.5F. Going to gear down to a 25.
-Broke a front arm on the SC10 for round 1 of Mod SC. Yay! Fun!
-Broke on 1st lap while in 2nd place in Round 2 of Stock Truck, and just finished 5th in Mod SC after battling with Jeff Kulp. Qualified 8th in both classes. At least I made the A for Mod SC, as Stock Truck only has 1 heat tonite.
-Lost a titanium ball stud out on the track when my T4 broke :( No spare 30deg caster blocks in my pit box or the shop, so I guess I'm switching to 25deg.. Maybe I'll go faster?
-Bill Koch (the truck I hit when I broke because he was parked on the straight) was able to find a 30deg caster block, so I could fix my truck for the main. Thanx Bill!
-Finished 7th in Stock Truck and 4th in Mod SC. Watching big air contest and waiting to see where I will finish in the points....
-Back home now. Ended up 4th in the points for Stock Truck and have no idea how I did in Mod SC... boo!
-Points have been posted. Lost 3rd in Stock Truck by 1pt! :( Finished 9th in Mod SC while only running 2 races...

3 comments:

Kevin Deselms said...

Aww sounds like I should have come, after all...I was scared of having another 22 heat Sunday night and getting out of there at like 2:30am!

ra99gt said...

ya, i didn't think that the turnout would be as large as last sunday for a few reasons
: 1) the people that will show are the most likely the ones that have a chance at winning something in the series, 2)the track layout is not "new" anymore, 3)the large turnout from last time scared off some (like yourself)

Kevin Deselms said...

I'm going to be out there on Saturday when they open, I want to try running my RCGT car in the on-road racing. Should make for an interesting experience to blog about :)