Monday, February 14, 2011

Changes for the next round of the TLR Series

I've sorted out my line now for this layout, but I still need to shave some time off my laps. The section that gives me the most trouble is the center of the track, from the hump, to the step off table, then the double. I've tried rolling the hump and jumping onto the table and jumping from the hump to the table. Rolling the hump keeps me close to the inside of the corner, but is slower. Jumping from the hump onto the table also keeps you close to the inside, but is difficult to line up. The last option is to go around the hump and jump over the table completely, landing on the step down. I think I'll try this next time.

I also need to pick up some corner speed! I plan to try the following in this order:
  1. Change the front camber link from 1-A to 2-B. This was the location I used on my old car.
  2. Move the rear hubs to the back. This should free up the rear end and allow the car to rotate better.
  3. Change to 0° aluminum rear hubs, which should free up the rear end some more, if moving the hubs was not enough. But I'll lose some traction on acceleration.
I'm also thinking of trying my 69:35 gear again, but I'm not sure. I'll decide after the first round of qualifying.

No comments: