Sunday, March 13, 2011

2011 JBRL, Round 1, Hot Rod Hobbies

I had a horrible start breaking multiple parts on my 4wd, getting a short in my truck motor (which my motor sponsor replaced with a new one as soon as he found out), and plugging my battery into the speedo in my buggy backwards, which blew it up, and required me to buy a new one :( Missed round 1 of qualifying in the buggy (no speedo), then broke my 4wd again in my race! Things turned around in my truck qualifier though! I put in a good run and finished 3rd! I finally get a run in with my buggy and 4wd in round 2 (no morning practice with these cars, only the day before) and I win my truck qualifier!

I made 2 of 3 A mains, qualifying 5th in the A for 4wd (on 1 qualifying run), 6th in the B for buggy (also with 1 qualifying run), and 7th in the A for truck. I finish 3rd in the buggy B Main, 4th in the 4wd A Main, and 4th in the truck A Main (after some bouncing around in the back of the pack)! So after an expensive start, I finish well in all my mains! :) Below are the videos of my buggy and truck mains. My brother didn't get my 4wd main, as he was waiting in line for his buggy main, right after my 4wd race.





Next are my qualifying runs









These are my brothers qualifying runs in Sportsman Buggy and Truck (No timing boost). We weren't able to get his mains on video, because I was in tech or waiting in line for my races :(







No comments: