Saturday, March 8, 2014

Non JBRL opening round racing!

We headed out to our home track SDRC for some club racing while 410 others attended the opening round of the 2014 JBRL season at IERC!  They will probably not be finished racing until the early morning hours. 

As the night went on, my truck got worse  while my buggy got better. In truck I won heat 1, then lost the TQ in heat 2. I was also able to take the fast lap track record for stock truck with a 21.056, beating a 21.259 lap. In buggy I finished 3rd in heat 1 and won heat 2!  Lol!  I would end up qualifying 2nd in truck and buggy. 

In the truck main, I shorted the triple on lap 1 and flipped, but didn't need a marshal. I made my way back up to 4th and almost got 3rd, but crashed again in the triple section. Owell.

In the buggy main I got a clean start, but bobbled about 2 minutes in, and dropped to 3rd. I made a somewhat aggressive inside pass dropping into the pit on the right side of the track and touched wheels with the 2nd place car, causing him to flip. He complained, but I kept going as it was a side by side pass and he ended up getting the worst of it. Sorry about your luck dude, but that's racing. 

Below are all my results form tonight's racing. 







I was also able to drive my RC10 Classic during practice in the morning. Here are a few pics of it before I got it dirty. 


No comments: