Sunday, April 12, 2015

Mod Truck, almost!

I tried to race mod truck. 1st run was ok, then I turned up the power for the 2nd run. I clipped someone's foot at the end of the straight and broke an a-arm and broke a shock mounting screw, losing a delrin shock bushing :(. I fixed that and the steering block kingpin popped out!  I fixed that and went out for another run, turning up the power again. Just as I was getting a feel for the handling, my speed control shut off!  I think something overheated as the case was pretty hot. I let it cool and tried to turn it back, but nothing. I guess it's done. Luckily I have more speed controls for mod at home, so I'll put one of those in and try again next weekend. 

I brought my stock buggy also, so I ended up racing that instead of mod truck.  Grip was pretty good for once!  Lol!  I finished 3rd in both my qualify heats, qualifying 3rd overall. 

In the main I didn't have smooth start and a few cars were able to make a pass on me. This bunched up at least 5 cars. We only managed 2 laps like this before someone up front crashed and cause a pileup. I got out last, but 3 turns later another pileup occurred and I missed that one and came out in 2nd!  I sped up a little to try and catch the leader, but he had at least a 5 second lead by this point. After I shorted the double back to the straight and crashed, the leader had a huge gap on me, so I just maintained 2nd for the rest of the race. At least I pulled out a good finish!






No comments: