Monday, July 27, 2015

Stock Buggy, SDRC, Saturday 7/25/15

No series race this past Saturday, but still a good turnout with 9 heats. The competition in stock buggy continues to get tougher every week, causing me to change my setup slightly all the time, looking for more speed. 

For this week I lowered my front roll center and raised the rear roll center, in hopes of more corner speed. I also increased my motor timing and changed the gearing, but I think I went too far as the motor made an awful screaming noise!  So I returned to my previous timing and gearing.  I also used my dirt webs instead of electrons, as I didn't want to put any wear on my "race" tires. I had a horrible push with new tires up front, so I switched to some older fronts with open cell foam.  These tires were better, but I still haven't gone faster than 18.7, while the fastest guys are in the low 18's to high 17's. 



I managed to qualify 5th, matching my best run of 16:13. 


I finished 5th after going to last in the 2nd  corner on the start, stuffing my car in the pipe and causing a pile up.  I got up to 4th at one point, but crashed trying to go faster and dropped back to where I started, 5th. 

Next Saturday is race #5 of 6 for the series. I'm thinking of adding a little drag brake or changing my trailing axle position or akerman to get a little more steering. 

No comments: