Monday, October 7, 2019

RAD Race Day

I attended SDRC's RAD (Racer Appreciation Day) race this past Saturday.  This race marked the 3 year anniversary of the transfer of ownership of SDRC from Scott Bergen to Travis Brock.  This race is usually popular due to the $0 entry fee for 2 classes!

I would only race in 1 class, Sportsman Buggy, which had the most entries, with 48.  The mains went down to an F main!  For round 1 of qualifying I would finish 2nd in my heat and was seeded 7th overall.  The 2nd round would be faster, and while I improved my time, I was bumped out of the A main and be seeded 9th overall :(

I started the B main in the BQ position and put in 1 lap before I stuffed the exit of the bowl turn and dropped down to 3rd.  A short landing on the triple dropped me down to 5th :(.  I worked my way back up to 3rd by the end of the race, but unfortunately only the top 2 transfer to the A main :(.


The highlight of my day was my lunch from "Fresh Off the Bowl", the lunch caterer for the RAD race.  I had the pork bowl with an over easy egg on top.  Yum!

No comments: