Tuesday, April 28, 2020

TLR 22X-4 Build

I picked up a new 4wd buggy!  The new TLR 22X-4!  Now my primary race cars match brands once again! LOL!

New kit goodness!

Box opening!

I didn't build the kit per the order in the instructions and started with the center slipper.

Center slipper completed!

I assembled the chassis next

Center diff and braces installed

Steering bell-crank installed

Front suspension installed

The front bumper is a little lower than the front edge of the chassis!  This should help keep the chassis tape from wearing out and lifting in the front!

I assembled the front axles next

Front axles assembled

Front hubs installed on suspension arms

Rear suspension installed

Rear hubs and axles installed

The D-block doesn't hang below the chassis!  Thus the D-block shouldn't wear out so fast like on my EB410.

I worked on installing the servo next

Protek 160T servo attached to the floating mount

Servo and battery mount installed

Fan installed.  All kits should include a motor fan mount!

G3 shock parts laid out for assembly

Shocks ready for oil

Bubbles rising to the top

Chassis ready for electronics

No comments: