Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My TC3 is alive!


I decided to bring back my 10 year old TC3 from the dead and set it up with a brushless system and lipo batteries, since I had an extra esc, because I replaced the Sphere TC in my truck with an SPX. I would need to add a receiver, transponder, and 3oz of lead! You can see the lead in the picture, taped all along the side of chassis next to the battery. I also installed an LRP 13.5 motor because 1) only LRP motors will work in the chassis without modification since the sensor plug is on the top side of the motor, near the solder tabs, and 2) I can't gear a 17.5 high enough with the spur gear I'm currently using :( I need to find a smaller spur gear, so I can gear the motor higher! For now, I will run the 13.5 and see what kind of motor temps I'm getting... I plan to try it out the next time I head out to OCRC or West Coast :)

I may try to race it, if I can get the right gear in it that is! I'm not sure how competitive it will be though, but it would be cool if I can beat some of the current cars with this dinosaur! :)

2 comments:

Kevin Deselms said...

Yeah, dude! You need to get that 17.5 situation figured out though. That's the class to be in! :)

ra99gt said...

I found out that Robinson Racing makes a 73t 64p spur and huge pinions 50, 53, 56t. I think the ratio I need is 73:50 or 73:53, but I won't know if that will fit in the TC3 until I get them :(