Sunday, July 6, 2014

1st race with the B5M! Stock buggy, SDRC, Saturday 7/5/14

I finished building my B5m this weekend since I couldn't wait any longer to race it! My painter also finished the body for it so I was able to use my normal paint job instead of a sperm rocket all white paint job. 




What a pig!  Final race ready weight was 1378g. 4g extra I guess for the decals and Velcro to mount the body. 


I did ok finishing 3rd in my 1st race with a mid motor car. Unfortunately, my time was only good enough for 8th. 


I tried some gold dirt webs for this round, but my car was way too loose and hard to drive, even though I loosend my slipper some. I get bumped out of the A and would start 5th in the B. 


I get a horrible start getting caught up in someone else's wreck and drop to last. I work my way up when others crashed and found myself in a 3 car battle for 2nd place and the bump to the A main. Then I get taken out by who I thought was a friend and he did not wait for me. Unfriend.  At least my car was a ton better in the main. I changed back to the tires I ran in the 1st round, along with standing up my rear shock 1 hole.

For the next race I plan to lighten the oil to 30/27.5 and return the shock mount to the middle hole on the tower.  I want to also try a stiff rear sway bar.  As I think this will give me more steering in the corners without taking away forward traction. 


No comments: