Monday, July 21, 2014

B5m setup testing

So I decided to go to the track Sunday to test some setup changes I've been wanting to try. Specifically the arms and front shock tower from the B5 rear motor buggy. This seems to be the hot setup among all the factory drivers, so I thought I'd see what all the fuss is about. 

I tried the rear arms first. They seem to add more rear grip, as I could get on the power more aggressively than before, making the car easier to drive.


I then flipped the rear hub insert to the up position, raised the rear ride height to 25mm, and the camber to 0/-2.  My fastest lap was about 22.2 seconds. 

Next I installed the front arms and tower and left the rear arms on. 


My new fastest lap was down to 21.6 seconds!  For the next run I stood up my rear shocks by moving the top mount to the outer hole on the shock tower. 21.5 seconds!  The car feels so comfortable to drive hard into the corner and then power out!  I think I'll try some stiffer rear springs and see if I can go faster than 21.5 seconds next weekend. 

No comments: