Monday, October 20, 2014

Stock Buggy Weekend Racing!

I had an itch to race Stock Buggy Friday and Satuday night at SDRC this weekend. Normally I would only race Saturday, but I think there has been more competition on Friday's, thus I decided to race Friday also.

This was the my first weekend of racing on the new layout, but not my first time driving on it as I practiced on it last Sunday after returning from Arizona. 

Friday I would arrive late and not get any practice runs in, but I was ok with that. I used my blue compound dirt webs, since they started to have some grip last Sunday.  Lots of fast guys were racing tonight, and Joey was in a different time zone than the rest of us!  I managed to place 2nd in round 1 and win the heat in round 2, qualifying 3rd for the A main out of 21 entries.  I ended up finishing 5th after a few mistakes in the opening laps which put me down in the order. 






Oh ya. My brothers name was listed on the results instead of mine by mistake and never fixed. Lol!

Saturday was a relaxing day. It was pretty empty in the morning, so I wish I got more runs in, but instead I decided to change the setup on my car and rebuild the diff. I glued in the trailing inserts into the steering blocks, installed some offset steering block bushings,  put in a step of drag brake, and fitted a new wing. 

By the time I was finished, the track was busy!  I was also testing some new charge cables I built and used a different charging method. I'd discharge at 17A, then charge at 40A, then check the cell IR.  I was getting about 2 miliohms per cell.  I've seen others get down to 1 miliohm or less!  They must discharge at higher rates?

The entries for Saturday night were on the light side and there was only 1 heat of stock buggy with 6 cars.  Based on the other guys in the heat, only 1 of them could possibly beat me.  I ended up winning both heats of qualifying, getting the TQ, and winning the main. 




My buddy gave me a new car stand also!

Not a bad weekend of racing :)

No comments: