Monday, October 13, 2014

Warehouse 3 Racing! 10/11/14

Finally it was race day!  First race also outside of California ever! I was able to get 4 practice runs in, changing tires every run. First up were the super soft tires I bought for W3. Pushed like a bus!  Next up were my silver dirt webs. Still pushing, but not as bad. Then came the balding gold dirt webs. Twitchy steering a tad loose on power. Last were my balding clay typos with blown out foam. Good rear bite with small push. Raceable!  I would try tunning out the push with suspension changes.

For round 1 I put in new pucks and went up to white rear springs. I crashed twice on my 1st lap and had to work my way up the standings. I lucked out though as there were not many cars in my heat and everyone was way slower than me except for 1 guy, who won the heat. 



After all 4 heats of stock buggy were finished, I was sitting 10th overall and 2nd in the B main.   With a clean run I think I can turn 14 laps and make the A main. 

For round 2 I went up in rear spring rate again, to grays. This race I lead the heat most of the run, crashing only once on the next to last lap, by the slowest marshal at the race :(  Landing the ski jump off the straight I flat landed and bounced onto my lid and the marshal took forever to get my car. Owell.  At least I turned 14 laps, and moved up to the dreaded BQ position. 



For the B main I went up again in spring rate to blues.  I got away clean but made a mistake shorting the middle double in the six pack, losing the lead!  Luckily the leader crashed a few laps later and I took the lead back. I cruised in for the win and bumped to the A main!


Next was the A main!  I started 8th due to someone ahead of me going home. Fine by me!  My racing buddy Riley, also from SDRC, bumped into the show too!  SDRC in the house!  I would end up finishing 7th after a short battle with Riley in which we tangled in a racing accident. I was just happy to make the main :)




Team SDRC getting ready for the mains!


Video of the Stock Buggy A Main at W3 featuring myself and Riley!

No comments: