Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Stock Buggy, OCRC, Sunday 12/21/14

Time to get serious!

A bunch of SDRC locals headed up to our sister track OCRC (cuz RB lends/rents Scotty some equipment for rebuilding the track for layout changes). It was also the last race of their winter series, so it was stupid busy!  

Traffic during practice was horrible!  I was only able to put in a clean lap every once in awhile due to the number of cars on the track. The double triple was also clogged most of the time with wrecked cars such that I wasn't able to run through there at race speed.  I ended up cutting the track to avoid the crashes in that jump section.  On my 2nd run it was not so crowded and I was able to string together more laps at race speed. The layout was fun to drive. I seemed to be able to get through the step up chicane leading onto the straight much faster and was able to make passes on other cars there. 



I finished 2nd in the B main and bumped to the 11th spot in the A :)

I finished 7th in the A after a few crashes and broken cars in front of me. I made it up to as high as 6th during the race. The other SDRC guys finished 4th and 11th.

No comments: