Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Stock Buggy, SDRC, Saturday 12/27/14

Open! Open! Open!  For day #2 of racing!

I had a horrible run in the 1st round of qualifying as the track was just too wet after being soaked earlier in the afternoon it was the same for everyone though and I managed to qualify 6th overall and still in the A main. Round 2 was much better and the track was drier now!  I turned a 17:00 and missed out on the 2nd spot on the grid by a mere 0.024 of a second!






In the main I had a clean start but stuffed the pipe coming onto the straight. Luckily I only lost 1 position. A few laps later the 2 cars in front of me tangled and I moved up to 2nd. However, the 3rd place car was catching me and eventually passed me after I huck-a-bucked at the end of the straight and bounced off the pipe. I would end the race finishing in 3rd. 

Since I didn't run during the afternoon practice due to working on my car and the muddy track conditions, I stayed after  racing and tested a few tire combos since the track was now in the best condition of the day. My fastest lap was a 16.48s on a set of gold barcode fronts and silver dirt web rears. I'll have to try these tires during the next race. 


No comments: