Sunday, March 22, 2015

Dry Track Main :(

We headed out for another weekend of Saturday club racing at SDRC. This time the track was nice and damp as I was In heat 2.  We did heads up starts though and I was screwed both rounds and had to start mid pack. I finished 3rd in round 1 and 2nd in round 2, but the winner had already won a heat, so myself and 3rd place got the automatic transfer into the A Main. My time was also fast enough to qualify 2nd.

For the mains they only blew off the track and put down a light mist. This combined with a later heat for my main, race 5 instead of 2, I ended up on a dry track again. I knew this ahead of time so I made a change to my rear link hoping that it would give me more side bite on the drier track. It didn't. I spun out in the first turn and dropped to last. I recovered to finish 6th, but really should've been in the top 3.





  
During racing I picked up a set of Proline MC Electrons, which is supposed to be the hot tire on a dry track. I tried a set after racing and my car felt pretty good!  I guess I'll mounting these up for racing on a dry track. 






No comments: