Sunday, August 14, 2016

Mod Truck and Buggy! SDRC 8/13/16

I heading out to my local track on Saturday 8/14/16 for some club racing on clay dirt (not carpet) :). I decided to race mod truck with my T5m, as I converted it to a 3 gear transmission with steel drive diff and CVAs and installed my MurfDogg 7.5 motor. For mod buggy I was racing my 22 3.0 with fresh shocks and TLR 30wt oil front and rear with 3x1.4/2x1.6 pistons and red springs front and rear. Hahaha.





In mod truck I started 2nd behind a visitor. On the start of the main I was stuck to the back of his truck like glue!  I followed him around for a few laps and noticed that I could carry way more speed at the end of the straight than he could and I guess that scared him as he made a mistake in the sweeper in front of the stand and got stuck on the pipe. I easily went around a kept the lead until the end :)




In mod buggy I put in a good run in round 1 and blew out in round 2. I still manage to qualify 3rd though!  In the main I had a clean start and followed the leaders. A few mistake in front and I moved up to 2nd and held on to the end. 

No comments: