Sunday, August 28, 2016

Mod Buggy, SDRC, Saturday 8/27/16

I decided to race Mod Buggy again, as I wanted to try the change I made to my rear roll center. I raised the inner ball studs 1mm, which lowered the roll center and should allow the rear end to roll more and generate more side bite.  I guess it helped some, but I'm not sure as my rear tires were going away also. 

In round 1 I drove way too conservative and didn't turn and 18 second lap or 16 lap run.  Disappointing. 

In round 2 I over-drive the car and crashed too much.  Frustrating. 

I ended up qualifying 5th after a so-so performance. I think my front microns were causing my car to push too much mid corner, For the main I decided to switch from Electrons, as the dirt was drier compared to last weekend and the low pin height wasn't getting much grip in the drier conditions. 

I took advantage of some early crashes and broken cars to end up in 3rd place. I barely turned an 18 second lap and 16 lap run.  

For next weekend I plan to add some weight to the front end and try racing mod again. I really want to turn laps below 18.5!  I think this will also be the last weekend on the current layout. 

No comments: