Wednesday, March 3, 2021

RCRSD Iceman Winter Series Race #2, DHW, San Marcos, 2/28/21

I finally made it back out for some on-road parking lot racing!  My last race was in mid November, right before the Covid case surge.  I had some setup changes and new tire sauce (Paragon FXII) to try out on my Tamiya TC-01 Formula E car.  I also has come ESC setup changes to try out.  All these changes were meant to reduce the steering entering the corner and add rear grip on corner exit. 

In Heat 1, I finished in 4th with a 21:00, fast lap of 13.551, average lap of  14.306, and consistency of  93.06%.  I didn't get the greatest start due to starting in the back half of the 8 car field and getting run into by cars behind me.  Coming on the straight I was in last :(.  I worked my way back up to 3rd, but got passed on the last lap :(  I was also trying out a new motor fan I bolted to the side of the chassis.  My motor temps at the last race were about 150F.  This time I was coming off at 120F.  Not sure if its because the weather is cooler or if the fan helped?  Typically a fan will reduce motor temp 20-30F, so maybe my motor temps are lower because of the fan?  I plan to gear up 1 tooth for the next race on 3/14 and pack my pinion gears so I can adjust gearing at the track.


In Heat 2, I finished in 6th with a 18:03 (after getting run into multiple times), fast lap of 13.312, average lap of  16.839, and consistency of  74.63%.


With daylight running out, the race was on to get the Mains in before it gets too dark!  Luckily I was able to run my main right at sunset, so there was still enough light to see.  I qualified 4th in the A Main and finished in 2nd with a 21:03, fast lap of 13.498, average lap of  15.433, and consistency of  73.29%.  I did get missed for 2 laps, so my race time, average lap, and consistency are off.


Random pics from the race.




No comments: