Friday, June 26, 2009

OCRC Saturday Series, Mid-Series Recap

I've been running the OCRC Saturday Series, put on by OCRC Raceway. It's halfway done with round #5 coming up tomorrow and the final race on the last Saturday of July.

I did alright in round 1, making the A main in both Stock Truck and Buggy, qualifying 4th in both classes. I remember being really tired the entire day, since I didn't get much sleep the night before, and I had no coffee to wake me up in the morning. The only time I felt "awake" was when I was driving! LOL! I did really well in Stock Truck moving up from my 4th place qualifying position, and finishing 3rd :) I blew out in Stock Buggy though :( I got a bad start and made too many mistakes, finally dropping down to 6th.

Round 2 would be held at Hot Rod Hobbies, the only round of the series to be run at another track. I was able to make both A mains for Stock Truck and Buggy, but I was in the back of the pack (7th in Buggy and 6th in Truck). I finished each race where I started :( But, at least I made the A main.

Round 3 was back at OCRC, and was the last race of Block A. In the next 3 races (Block B), the points are doubled, so I wonder how the series positions will play out. Competition at this round was much tougher and I was only able to make the A main in Stock Truck, qualifying in the 7th position. I was in the B Main for Stock Buggy, qualifying near the bottom of the main :( I moved up 1 position in the Truck main, finishing 6th, while I was able to finish 3rd in Buggy (still the B Main though).

Round 4 would be the first race in Block B. I qualified really well in Stock Truck, getting the 3rd position on the A Main grid. My showing in Stock Buggy was not a good though, as I was near the bottom of the A main in the 6th position. In the Stock Truck A main, I held my starting position in 3rd, and was gaining on Brian Halverson in 2nd. I kept reeling him in, then he made a mistake in the big double-double jump in the center of the track, and I was able to jump over him into 2nd place! I held on till the end, finishing in 2nd :) I didn't have such a good result in the Stock Buggy main though, qualifying in the back, then finishing in the back :( Owell :(

So, after 4 rounds I'm sitting in 7th place in the points for Stock Buggy, with the Block A throwout. I'm doing much better in Stock Truck though! I'm currently 3rd in the points, only 2 points behind 2nd! Thus, I will be concentrating more on my Truck than my Buggy for the last 2 races of the series.

I will be heading out to OCRC to race the Club race tonight, to get some practice in for Saturday!

No comments: