Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hot Rod Hobbies Offroad Shootout, Day 1

This is a pic from the left side of the track during open practce for tonight's club racing. The track will be run wet, so I don't plan to race.



The next 2 pics I took in the morning over the fence before the track opened.

This is the right side.



This is the left side.



I plan to leave after watching some of the races and after the traffic dies down some. I'll be back in the morning to hopefully get some practice in on the dry, grooved track :) Oh ya, I also need to glue up a bunch of tires!


Here is a short vid of the layout that I shot using my cell phone.

3 comments:

Kevin Deselms said...

Hey dude, I linked to your video on the HRH website - thanks for shooting that, works a lot better than pictures! I should do more video for the website. That layout is going to be a challenge - some elements that are similar to the ROAR nats layout last year, but a lot more "bits of business" happening. Have fun at the race man, good luck!

ra99gt said...

Hey Kevin! Haven't seen you at the track in a long time :( I didn't even see you at the track yesterday when you took the pics of the layout! LOL! I got some practice runs in today, and the traction is good and the layout is tough to get right. But I have still have 1 more practice day left :)

Kevin Deselms said...

Yeah, when Jimmy switched the Tuesday night start time up to 6:00pm instead of 7:00, it made it pretty hard for me to get there in time for the first round of qualifying, unless I cut out of work a little early. I could do that, if I could force myself to GET UP earlier...but I haven't been able to manage that :) I'm too much of a night owl. I just need to start packing my stuff in the car on Tuesdays and go straight to the track after work. But yeah I'll be out there on Sunday to take some photos for the HRH site during mains. Saturday's the wedding anniversary...still don't know what I'm going to do lol :)