Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hot Rod Hobbies Offroad Shootout, Day 2

Day 2 was another day of open practice, but the 1st on the dry, grooved track! I got there at about 10am and proceeded to set up my pit and get to work mounting the 3 sets of JConcepts Orange Bar Codes that I bought (and they still need to be glued and balanced!) I didn't finish that until about 2pm! I had better get some track time as the track would be closed at 6pm for maintenance. I was able to get 2 runs on each of my cars (buggy, truck, and 4wd), so 6 runs total. They were handling good, but I had a slight on-power push with the buggy. I also still need to nail down the gearing, as my motors were running hot! (probably because my practice runs were about 7-8 minutes) I also need to figure out what profile to use on my new LRP SPX esc in my truck!

The layout is fun and challenging! Still working on getting the line up and timing right for the small and big triples The toughest part of the track is the hairpin at the top of the hill because your car disappears behind the pipe into a blind spot! Kinda makes it hard to judge the spacing to the pipe and when to turn in! I saw them fixing that before I went home though, so hopefully I can see my car there tomorrow :)

I had planned to get some video of the factory guys practicing, but I didn't have much free time :( Once I finished mounting my tires, I got in line to practice. Then I was either, working on a car, waiting in line on the driver's stand, or driving, until the track closed. I did manage to snap a couple of pics of some of the factory pits, as they were all right across from me!

Yokomo


Front-Murfdog Motoworks
Left-Kyosho
Then behind Kyosho was JConcepts and Associated


X-Factory

1 comment:

Kevin Deselms said...

Yeah the heat from the sun during the day plus the fact that you have so much grip is going to make those motors HOT. The summer is pretty unforgiving on the electronics out there!