Sunday, November 8, 2009

Got an SC10!

Bought myself an SC10!

Spent the last month building it little by little after work and on the weekends. I set it up with a Futaba 4PK receiver, LRP Sphere Competition ESC, Reedy 35C 5000mah batteries, and an Orion 17.5 motor or LRP 10.5 motor. I also added titanium hinge pins and turnbuckles, Racers Edge 1° rear hubs, carbon fiber battery brace, threaded shocks, coated shock shafts, CVD's, and a T4 transmission with ball diff. For tires I picked out 3 sets to try. JConcepts Green Goosebumps on white Relux wheels, ProLine M3 Bowties on black KMC wheels, and ProLine M3 Calibers on JConcepts black Relux wheels. Hopefully I can race it for the 1st time next weekend :)

I will running the stock body with a 3 color paint job with no graphics for now, but will be switching it for a JConcepts Truth SC body with my signature paint job, once my painter finishes it for me :)






3 comments:

Kevin Deselms said...

Nice, dude! You're gonna love it. I'm still contemplating putting a 13.5 in mine, considering the new rules at Hot Rod's. But if 17.5 gains a foothold at West Coast, it might make me re-think that. I like 17.5 in these trucks.

I was eyeballing that charger you bought...running two batteries in the Savage Flux, that charger would be nice! Can't really buy anything new till 2010 though, the holidays are coming fast.

ra99gt said...

Thanks! I was reading on RCTech that West Coast will be running a Spec SC class. Only RTR stuff allowed (electronics and tires wise anyway) and a "Open" type class. I wanted to run Stock SCT at West Coast this Sunday, but I may just run Stock SCT at OCRC instead, since they have that class there. Once I get used to the truck, I'll try my 10.5 in the Open class!

Kevin Deselms said...

Yeah now that they've posted their rules, I'm almost certain I'm going to put my 13.5 in the truck...the problem is just how often I get rear-ended with a 17.5 in it. I think they should have followed Jimmy's concept with there being a "middle ground" where 13.5 is the upper limit, and then an expert class where anything goes. But they may yet change their minds, we'll see.