Thursday, November 5, 2009

New charger! (again!)

I picked up another new charger!

I decided to get a dual output charger and a small lightweight power supply. At the Racers Haven round of the JBRL, the turnout was on the light side, and I wasn't able to fully charge a few of my battery packs, since I was only using 1 charger. I had to ask my friend to charge a few packs for me. There have also been times when I need to charge my radio battery and a race pack at the same time. One charger is fine most of the time, but I really like to have 2. In fact, most racers use 2. I could've just gotten another AC charger, but I like to keep my equipment bag as light as possible, so I thought a dual output charger and lightweight power supply was the way to go.

I went with the Bantam BC8DX charger and MuchMore CTX-P 24A power supply. The BC8DX has a large backlit display and can charge every type of battery on the market while the MuchMore power supply is super compact in size and weighs a little under 2 lbs. I've been using this combo a couple of races now and have been very happy with them :)



No comments: