Monday, September 22, 2014

OCRC Trip, Sunday, 9/21/14

We headed up north to race at OCRC since there was a "big" race going on at out home track on Saturday, which we did not want to run. 

The track changed a little since the last time I was here 3 weeks ago. Gone was the wagon wheel on the right side, replaced by a small double double, that really upset the car if you went in too fast or too slow.  This time I was able to consistently make the big triple in front of the drivers stand.  I think the difference was a new motor, better line up, and carrying my speed better over the double after the end of the straight.  I'm losing a lot of time though since my car feels tippy at the end of the straight and I feel like I have to slow down a lot to make sure I don't traction roll and end up on my lid. 

I managed to put in one decent run. A 13:05 in round 1.  This was much better than my last trip here where I could only manage 12 laps :(. In round 2 I tried to go  a little faster and ended up crashing more, turning a time 10 seconds slower than my round 1 time.  I managed to stay in the A main at least, qualifying in 7th. 

In the main I got an awesome start going from 7th to 4th!  But on lap 2 I got caught in a pileup in the new double double section dropping to 8th. Then on lap 3 I jump between the pipes on the double triple in the middle of the track and get stuck needing a marshal, and I drop to 9th. After that I blew out, crashing every few laps. Game over. Thanks for playing!

My only decent run


My blow out main

I'm going to try adding more limiters in my shocks and lowering the roll center front and rear. Hopefully the car won't traction roll so easily at the end of the straight and I can go a little faster there next Sunday. 

That's right!  We are going up north again  next weekend!


No comments: