Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Saturday Club Racing, 8/30/14

UI decided to race Stock Buggy and Stock Truck as a $50 gift card to PF Changs restaurant for the winner of Stock Truck was up for grabs!

I would end up qualifying 3rd in the Mod Truck class with my Stock Truck, but was the 1st stock truck. In Stock Buggy I qualified 2nd out of 2 heats total.

In the mod truck main I cruised in for a 2nd place finish, but finished 1st for stock truck, winning the $50 PF Changs gift card!  In the stock buggy main I got a clean start and maintained my 2nd place starting spot, but on the 2nd lap I got sideways coming onto the straight and dropped to 3rd. On the next lap, my car's rear wheel dug into the dirt upon landing the drop down after the straightaway, causing me to tumble, and I dropped down to 4th. I made no further mistakes for the rest of the race, but wasn't able to catch up to the 3rd place car, so I finished in 4th.

At least I won the $50 gift card in stock truck!









Nick and I with our winnings

No comments: