Monday, September 8, 2014

Stock Buggy, SDRC, Saturday 9/6/14

Whoa!  I only raced Saturday this past weekend!  Lol!

I changed my arm setup for this weekend. I had been using the gull wing front arms and tower paired with the twin ball rear arms for the past few weeks.  Decided to try the flat front arms and tower again, since that's what all the AE team drivers run. I paired these up with the single ball rear arms, thinking this is what the team drivers run. Apparently I was wrong, because I checked the setup sheets from the Nationals and they use the twin ball rear arms!  Doh!  Maybe I'll put them back on the car for next weekend. I've also been wanting to try 3x1.4 pistons in the front shocks with heavier oil, as this seems to be the setup the AE team guys are using.  On to the racing. 

I used my second set of rear gold dirt webs as my 1st was going bald. I paired these with some gold Barcodes, since the last time I raced on these rear tires the steering was too twitchy.  I won my heat putting in a 15 lap run, qualifying 2nd overall. 



For round 2 I decided to try my gripper front tires in an effort to go faster, sine my fast lap was still above 20.5.  Last time I tried these fronts the steering was twitchy so I decided to go up 1 spring rate also. It didn't pan out as the steering was still too twitchy and I ended up going slower for round 2.  I was able to keep my 2nd qualifying spot though!  For the main I decided to return to the front end setup I ran for round 1. 



In the main I completely blew out!  I got squirrelly in the 2nd turn, allowing the cars behind to catch me. Then contact after landing the center double sent me to the back of the pack and I started over driving :(  A bad landing on the next lap put me out of reach with the front of the field. I only managed to make my way back up to 7th after qualifying really well. I guess there's always next weekend !


At least I still hold the fast lap record for stock truck!



No comments: