Thursday, February 18, 2016

Mod Buggy, Wednesday 2/17/16, SDRC

This was my 2nd time out racing mod buggy. I stiffened up my suspension to get less chassis scrub in the rhythm section and wanted to see if the changes made a difference.  During my practice run the stiffer springs seemed to help, as my car felt more stable through this section. But now I had a touch too much steering :(. 

To compensate for this, I mounted the top of the rear shocks in 1 hole on the shock tower and stopped putting liquid wrench on my front tires. 

I guess the changes worked as I won my heat race!

I managed to qualify 2nd, and in front of guys I consider faster than myself :)


In the main, I got a clean start, but crashed on lap 2 and wasn't able to make my way back up, as I kept getting collected in other people's crashes. Oh well. 

No comments: