Monday, February 15, 2016

Mod Buggy with the 22 3.0, Saturday 2/13/16, SDRC

I finally have the 22 3.0 setup to race mod buggy!  Not fake mod muggy with a boosted 13.5, but an actual mod motor!  A MurfDogg 8.5!


I got in 3 practice runs on the 22 and 2 on the B5. I ran the B5 just to see if I could make the triple consistently.  I could do it for 10 minutes, but my motor temp got up to 150F with a fan, so I need to gear it down a tooth or 2.  I'm also down to 1 set of good rears for the 22.  I do have a set of Electrons on the way though :)

And what's going on with SDRC's hobby shop?  The tire wall is bare and they still don't have any 3.0 parts :(

Ready for Mod Buggy racing!

Mod buggy on the new layout is pretty fun!  Although it's not a true "mod" layout, as stock can also make the bigger jumps.

I managed to qualify 6th while getting used to racing mod. I blew out in round 1 and put in a decent run in round 2.  

In the main I got hit on the start through the rythm section, but recovered and finished 4th, on the same lap as Brian Kinwald!  I was gaining on 3rd also, until I made a mistake. Oh well, at least I had fun :)



I got down to an 18.6!  Hopefully I can get into the low 18's next time. 

No comments: