Saturday, May 14, 2016

Outdoor 1/8 buggy racing?!?!


I finally raced my 1/8 buggy on the type of track it was designed for!  An outdoor 1/8 sized track with a huge triple I actually needed a run up for!

I raced my buddies only, as we were the only electric cars there, so it was more like timed practice, instead of actual racing. My buddy loaned me some tires as the ones I brought might have been bald by the end of the day. I think he did this to slow me down as, I was nearly 2 seconds a lap slower. Lol!

In round 1 I got around ok and didn't crash too much, but I seemed to push in the faster corners. I made the big triple almost every lap! 


In round 2, my motor became loose and the center diff stripped!  Luckily I stopped before the gear was completely destroyed and I was able to retighten the motor to the mount and not have to replace the gear, which would also require me to take apart the center diff. 


I was able to run both A1 and A2, but my drivetrain is hurting!  I think most of the cva bones are bent and the input shaft to the front diff is so bent that it binds!  I really need to rebuild my car!  Lol!  My batteries are also running very warm and are down on power, so I should probably replace those also.

(I couldn't find the results from A1 or A2)

Below is a vid of the 1st qualifier that my Brother took when he stopped by. 

No comments: