Sunday, May 29, 2016

Stock Buggy, SDRC, Saturday 5/28/16

I headed to SDRC for indoor buggy racing on the layout from the recent TNS series finale race. It was really easy to learn and I got the hang of it within 2-3 minutes of running.

I raced stock buggy with some old tires, which actually worked!  I was using them to just burn them up, but I used them for racing anyway. Lol!




I qualified 3rd after blowing out in round 2. Oh well.




I was able to get a clean start and stayed in 3rd place.  But about 3 laps in the leader crashed and I moved up to 2nd.  After jumping onto the straight, the leader got sideways and I hit him!  Luckily for me I landed on my wheels and was able to keep going and was still in 2nd.  I made a charge for the leader, but after a few bobbles in the last minute, I let him go and just held onto 2nd.

No comments: