Monday, September 12, 2016

Holiday weekend racing! Labor Day 2016

SDRC, Mod Buggy, Friday 9/2/16

Up first was mod buggy. I wanted to try out the new aluminum front bulkhead and brass kickup shim I installed. During practice I didn't notice too much of an increase in front grip. But during racing it did feel like there was an improvement.




I had a decent run in the main, finishing 2nd. But I really wanted the win, as most of the fast guys were at the Surf City race. 

SDRC, Expert Stock Buggy, Saturday 9/3/16

Next it was back to stock to prep for our trip to OCRC on Sunday. It's been a few weeks since I've raced stock and I needed to get the feel back before heading up north. 




Fred out qualified me!  He would start 2nd and I was right behind him in 3rd. I pressured him into a mistake during the opening laps and took over 2nd where I finished. 


Sportsman Stock Buggy, OC/RC Sunday   9/4/16

It was on now!  OCRC home of the fastest racers on SoCal!  I only had 3 runs to learn the SSC layout, but I was on pace with the locals, turning low 20 second laps.




I was the TQ after round 1!  But I dropped down to 3rd in round 2 after making an early mistake during my run.  I was still able to finish where I started, 3rd.  The SSC layout was fun to drive.  The left side had a nice flow to it.  Hopefully we can make another trip north soon.

No comments: