Thursday, January 30, 2020

Taken out! Saturday Club Racing SDRC 1/25/2020

In heat 1 I finished in 3rd with a 15:01, fast lap of 18.814, average lap of 20.109, and consistency of 90.79%.  I was running fairly new Dirt Web fronts with worn in Ellipse rears and my car pushed going into turns and didn't rotate.



In heat 2 I finished in 3rd again with a faster 16:14, fast lap of 18.488, average lap of 19.670, and consistency of 93.95%.  This time I ran my new Raw Speed Stage 2/Radar tires.  My car rotated a bit too fast during warm up, so right before the start I turned my steering dual rate to 90%, which was probably too much.  It turned in and rotated good for the tight turns, but I wanted more steering in the bigger sweeping corners.



In the A Main I finished in 4th with a 15:09, fast lap of 18.189!, average lap of 20.162, and consistency of 83.71%.  Again I get a terrible start to the race, getting punted on my lid in the first corner.  Of course I get marshalled last and am now last.  I blow out on my first lap and crash or get out of shape a few more times because I am so pissed.  But on lap 3 I get everything right and turn my fastest lap ever on this layout, an 18.189!  I can't do it again though, but at least I turn a few more mid 18's when there's no traffic is nearby.  I pass 5th place on the last lap in the whoops, then crash, get stuck on the pipe, get off the pipe, then take out the leader, before making it back to line to claim 4th.  I finish 1 spot behind my 3rd place start position, but I had a horrible start and race.  If I had a clean start I might have been able to place in the top 3.


No comments: