Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Digital Diff Torque Tester

In setting up my Euro Truck diffs, the hot setup for the front diff was to mash these silicone ear plugs into the teeth of the gears.  You can't use normal diff oils, as the diffs are not sealed.  In order to compare my diff to my friends diff, I picked up a diff torque checker!

I've been wanting one of these things to check the diff tightness on all my cars, but it wasn't available in the States until recently.  It gives you a number which you can reference when comparing diff oils, tightness, determining degradation, or trying to reproduce a setting.  It runs off a USB port for power and comes with adapters for 1/10 diffs.  I plan to design my own 3D printed adapter, which can engage with a 12 mm wheel hex so I can check a diff while it's still installed in a car. 




No comments: