Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Euro Truck Build Continues

I finally got around to working on my Euro truck build.  I stopped last week while waiting for my order of the silicone ear plugs to arrive.  These ear plugs were basically blobs of thick silicone.  I squashed it into the teeth of each gear which make up the differential.

Silicone ear plugs squashed into the diff gear teeth

Diff gears installed into the housing

After I had assembled the diff, I found out from my buddy that I was supposed to to completely fill the housing with the silicone!  I guess to keep the silicone mashed in the gear teeth?  the diff would end up weighing more though.  I guess I'll try it how it is a see if I need more lock up to make the truck easier to drive?

Front gearbox and suspension installed

Chassis just about completed.

This car uses friction shocks, with no dampening at all.  In an attempt to add some kind of dampening by greasing the the outside of the bottom part of the shock.  I used AE black grease on the fronts and the stock Tamiya grease on the rears.  I have no idea if this will work, since I can't really feel any difference between the 2 sets of "shocks".  LOL. Oh well.

Next up is installing the electronics and completing the remainder of the chassis!

No comments: