Monday, June 29, 2020

Euro Truck Racing! RCRSD Club Race, DHW San Marcos, 6/28/20

Radio Control Racers of San Diego (RCRSD) held their monthly race at Discount Hobby Warehouse in San Marcos.  The turnout was good this time with 2 full heats of Euro Truck!

For this race I tried applying super glue to my front tires, which made the truck push really bad until the glue wore off.  While this did take away steering, I'd need to apply fresh glue to the tires before every run to keep the handling consistent and this wasn't very practical.

I also tried saucing my tires, drying them, then heating the tires with warmers.  The tires did get softer, but I was still having snap over-steer issues mid-corner and sliding on power.

The last change I tried was to add some thick silicone chunks to the rear diff to act like a limited slip diff.  This was supposed to get me more on-power grip, but I don't think it helped much.  I may clean the diff out for the next race.

Heat 1: I finish 2nd. 



Heat 2: I finish 2nd again.  I make the A main at least.  



A main event: I qualified 4th and finish in 4th after leading for a few laps.  I fall back to 4th after spinning out or sliding a few times.  I need to get this thing stable if I'm going to win some races! 




Pit area for the day

Tires warming up!

Racing for position!

A Main start!

Racer group photo

Thanks Sean of EgytSean Productions for the photos!

No comments: