Monday, August 3, 2020

Saturday Club Racing, SDRC Raceway, 8/1/20- Return to 2wd Buggy!

I return to racing after taking a month off due to not feeling like racing much.  Racing expert 4wd buggy was getting boring, due to the low entries and just trying to not finish last.  To change pace I decided to run 2wd buggy again, since I haven't raced my 2wd buggy on the wall ride layout yet.  This layout is also coming out in a couple of weeks and I want to get some video of my 2wd buggy racing on it.

In Heat 1, I finished 2nd with a 15:09, fast lap of 19.706, average lap of 20.655, and consistency of 96.98%.  I made 4 driving mistakes and had 0 crashes.  My motor temps were below 150 F.  Maybe I should gear up?  For my tire setup I was saucing the tires, letting them air dry a few minutes, then wiping off the excess, and putting on the tire warmers at 160 F until it was time to race.  



In Heat 2, I finished 5th with a 14:02, fast lap of 20.357, average lap of 21.919, and consistency of 94.29%.  I made 7 driving mistakes and had 2 crashes.  



I qualified 2nd for the A main and I DNF'd in 6th. My fast lap was 20.544, average lap of 21.919, and consistency of  92.97%.  I made 3 driving mistakes and crashed 5 times.  I guess I clipped a pipe one too many times as the splines on my servo horn stripped out causing my DNF for the Main.  



Hard way to change the servo horn :(

No comments: