Friday, January 16, 2015

13.5 Buggy, SDRC, 1/3/15

So. During practice with my RC10WC with a D3.5 13.5 motor, I was clearing the double of the triple with barely any throttle, so I wondered if I could make the full triple. On a good lap I whipped the car off the 1st double, downsided clean, and pulled full throttle for the triple. I landed it clean!  Woohoo!  But now I have it in my head that I can make the triple, so I kept trying it!  I can make it maybe 3 out 4 attempts. 

When qualifying started I planned to attempt the triple the entire race just to see if I could do it. This resulted in a slow race time. Lol!  For round 2 I planned to drive normally to put it in the A main, but crashed in the opening laps, so I went for the triple again!  I ended up qualifying towards the middle of the B main. Lol!

I drove normally in the B main, easily win that, bumped into the A and finished 2nd. I might have also won that if I didn't get hit during the start. Oh well. 







No comments: