Monday, January 26, 2015

1st A Main Win of 2015!

I headed out to SDRC for some Stock Buggy racing on Saturday 1/24/15.

didn't run my B5m much during practice as I was messing around with the transponder position a bunch in my WC, since I've been having issues with it after the move. I ended up having to mount it on the outside of the aluminum tub chassis so it had a direct line of sight to the ground and add a BEC capacitor to my receiver.  This seems to be the only setup that doesn't miss any laps. Go figure. I didn't have any problems with scoring at the old track or IERC. Lol!

I had a good run in the 1st round of qualifying, ending up 3rd out of 20 or so entries. But, my car felt loose. I think the track was dry combined with my Chainlinks wearing out. 



For round 2 I switched over to a broken in set of silver dirt webs. These tires had more grip, but I pushed too hard and crashed more, ending up with a slower time. I got bumped down to 5th in the A main. Luckily for me 2 guys in front of me had to leave and I moved up to 3rd!  Sweet!



I started 3rd in the A behind my brother and in front of my buddy Lance. The start was clean, but my brother spun out after jumping out of the triple and I hit him!  He got going 1st and then let me by when he didn't really need too.  I was in 3rd until a lapped car flipped my over by accident and I dropped to 4th.  I then passed one guy and another crashed and I was in 2nd!  My brother helped me out in the closing laps by accidently bumping the lead car and spinning him (Lance) out because he was accelerating slower than he expected. I cruise by and steal the win!  While I did win, my fast laps were off by more than 0.5 seconds :(


Next weekend I guess. 

No comments: