Monday, January 4, 2016

1st race day of 2016! Saturday 1/2/16

I would race my new TLR 22 3.0 for the 1st time during the 1st race day of 2016!  I raced in the 13.5 class and was able to TQ and win!  What a great way to start off 2016!

My 3.0 sitting atop my new JC pit that Lance gave me for Christmas :). I'm liking the new pit mat!

By about 1:30pm the stand was full all the time!  At one point there were 20 cars on the track. Going out to run was pointless. 

I also managed to break my 1st part on the 3.0. The front camber link mount broke on a bad landing after getting hit midair by a 1/8 buggy. :(




I parked my car in the pipe in the 1st corner on the start and let everyone go by. I fought my way through the field and caught the leader. I attempted to pass a few times, but bobbled and fell back again. We both made it across for the final lap and I was only a few car lengths behind!  He went a little wide in the next to last turn before the step up jump into the final turn into the straight!  I hugged the pipe and attempted a pass! I think I may have touched his car since we both got out of shape, but I recovered first and beat him to the line for the win!  Whew!

I also had the fastest lap of the day 18.0, and the fastest lap in the main. 18.2 :)

No comments: