Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Euro Truck Racing! 8/23/20

 I was back out for more Euro Truck racing at the Discount Hobbies Warehouse hobby shop parking lot in San Marcos.  For this race I had to install a MyLaps transponder as the club finally got a lap counting system!  The organizer even had a Live Time scoring software and must've been using his phone as a WiFi hotspot, as race results were available on Live RC!  That's a first!  Internet based scoring results at a parking lot track!  We didn't have a bathroom to use, but hey we had race results on our phones! LOL!

In practice I tested out my throttle speed settings, which act like electronic traction control.  I was trying to find a setting which limited wheels spin and kept the truck straight if I pulled the throttle too fast.  I think I ended up at 80% of full speed.  I was also testing my new front tires.  WOW! It felt like I had no steering, but the truck was stable at least?  There was the one very tight section in the middle of the track where I felt like I was going so slow in order to make the turns, that I decided to use my older tires for Heat 1 of qualifying.

In Heat 1, I finished 2nd with a 14 lap run, fast lap of 19.796, average lap of  20.920, and consistency of 94.57%.  I made 1 driving mistakes and had 1 crash.  My truck was so unpredictable with my older tires up front that I spun out 2 times, for no apparent reason.  For Heat 2 I decided to use my new front tires.  It might be slower, but at least the handling was predictable.



In Heat 2, I finished 1st  with a 15:00, fast lap of 19.435, average lap of 19.937, and consistency off 98.37%.  I made 1 driving mistakes and had 0 crashes.  Boy was I wrong about the new front tires up front being slower!  My fast lap, average lap, and consistency all improved!  In fact my lap were all in the 19 second range!  I also set the TQ in this race!  



I TQ'd the A main and finished 1st with a 14:03.  My fast lap was 19.540, average lap of 20.518, and consistency of  96.51%.  I made 0 driving mistakes and had 0 crashes.  The 2nd place qualifier was no more than a few truck lengths behind me the entire race, and even passed me when I went too wide coming onto the straight.  But, I was able to pass him back when he went too wide in the 2nd turn.  From then on he was right behind up until the last 15 seconds when he clipped a disk and ended up on his side and I cruised over the line for the win!  That was the best race I've has in a while!  Clean racing and close together for the entire 5 minutes race!



I pitted under my own canopy this time for "social distancing" pitting.


Ready for racing!


HOT!


My personal misting system! Thanks Steve!


Podium pic!  I get the TQ and the win for 100 points for the "King of the Parking Lot Series"!


No comments: