Friday, September 18, 2020

Return to Oval Racing! 9/13/20

I was back out for more Euro Truck racing at the Discount Hobbies Warehouse hobby shop parking lot in San Marcos.  The layout for this race would be a flat oval!  I haven't raced on an oval since the 1990s!

In Heat 1, I finished 1st with a 35:04, fast lap of 8.223, average lap of  8.686, and consistency of 94.17%.  I made 1 driving mistakes and had 0 crashes.  I got taken out by lapped traffic 2 times.


In Heat 2, I finished 1st with a 35:05, fast lap of 8.209, average lap of  8.726, and consistency of 90.19%.  I made 0 driving mistakes and had 0 crashes.  I got taken out by lapped traffic 2 times.


I qualified in the pole position for the Main and led from start to finish, winning the race with a 35:05, fast lap of 8.267, average lap of  8.562, and consistency of 97.15%.  I made 0 driving mistakes and had 0 crashes.  I managed to avoid lapped traffic this time and didn't get taken out.  I strangely finished with a 1 second slower time than heat 1, but had a faster average lap time and higher consistency in the Main?  Not sure how that is possible.  I would expect that with a faster average lap time I would turn a faster race time?  Weird.



Pit area for the day

Flat paved oval!

Won the King of the Parking Lot Series for Spec Euro Truck!

Crown and Award

No comments: