Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Tamiya TC01 Formula E Build!

 I started my TC01 Formula E build a couple of weeks ago by putting the kit tires on the stock wheels.



Next up was the suspension arms which needed pillow balls installed in them.  This was made super easy with the arbor press I bought for situations just like these!



Next up were the ball studs for the suspension links and sway bars.  My 3D printed parts trays helped to organize all the different screws and assorted parts.



Titanium hex head screws sorted and ready to install!



TRF aluminum threaded shocks to replace the plastic kit shocks.  With threaded shocks I can corner weight the car!



Installing the ball studs for the rear deck.



Building the gear diffs.  I put 500k oil in the front and 3k in the rear.



Diff filled with 500k oil!  It took 20 minutes after filling for the level to stabilize and air bubbles to escape.



Diffs mocked up!


The TRF aluminum shock body is about 0.5 mm longer than the plastic shock body.



I printed a tray with multiple small pockets to organize screws and other small parts.



New aluminum rockers and sway bar kits!


Red is 1.1 mm, yellow 1.2 mm, and blue 1.3 mm diamter.


Front sway bar installed!
 


Waiting for the "dry" goopy lubricant to "dry".


No comments: