Friday, December 19, 2008

B4 build completed! (almost)

Bored here at work so I thought I'd post an update on my B4 build!

I mounted up the front tires a couple of nights ago, (the rears are the same as on my B44) then set the ride height, camber, toe-in, and steering endpoints last night. I still need to paint the body and pick up a 78 or 72 spur gear, then it'll be ready to race :) Some things I noticed compared to my B3: the cars overall height seems lower, the rear wing is tiny, and I need another body with sidepods tall enough to clear the heatsink on my LRP Sphere ESC. I had to cut a hole in the stock body to clear it :( I can also probably shorten my motor wires a bit, but I left them alone for now. I'll also probably need to lengthen the battery wires to switch to bullet connectors when I pick up the Reedy 35C lipo pack when it comes out.

Hopefully I can get the body painted Saturday and pick up a spur gear at the track. Then I'll take a few pics of it before I dirty it up :)

I also picked up an HTC Touch Pro Pocket PC Phone and an unlimited data plan, so I may start blogging from the track with updates after every race! (If I have time that is)

2 comments:

Kevin Deselms said...

Ooh, updates directly from the track...pushing the blogging envelope! My employers gave me a Flip Video Mino video recorder for Christmas, I'm thinking I may start taking that to the track with me and do something for the blog with it. Haven't figured out what, yet. Gotta keep the blogging fresh!

Happy Holidays man, hope 2009 holds many victories! :)

ra99gt said...

Haha! Ya, we'll see how it goes. Not sure if I'll have time to post more than a few lines a pic or two. Thanks Kevin! Same to you :)