Monday, August 25, 2014

Fill'em up Friday's, 8/22/14, SDRC

Normally I would just race stock buggy, but got talked into racing Truck also. I figured I might as well since a second class was free, but my truck needs a new diff and trans gears.

I did awesome in buggy, having one of my best nights in racing for awhile!  I won both my qualifying heats and went faster in the 2nd heat.  I would qualify 3rd out of 27 entries, but start 2nd, because the TQ went home.  I got a clean start and stayed behind the leader the entire race. I crashed on a last lap, last turn attempt to go for the win, and dropped to 3rd and almost 4th!  Oh well. 

In truck, the track was so slippery in the 1st race that it was a throwout. I. The 2nd round I got a decent run, but was still not happy with the trucks handling. In the main I get hit while tumbling over the center double and pop a ball cup, than spend about 90 seconds in the pit lane getting repaired. Lol!  After that I was just trying to turn the fastest laps possible in hopes I could beat my brothers hot lap. The race for me was already over. 








No comments: