Monday, August 18, 2014

Stock Buggy, SDRC, Saturday 8/16/14

Today would be my first race day on the new layout from the JBRL last weekend. I struggled with tires and putting in a clean run during qualifying and ended up in the dreaded BQ position.  My bro put in his best run so far with his B5m, qualifying 4th in the A, but had to leave after round 1.  I was using clay typos which felt good during practice but loose during racing. For the B main I went with my broken in dirt webs which pushed a touch in practice but felt great in the main!  Go figure. Maybe it was nerves?  I also charged my battery for the main at 35A (the maximum my power supply could handle) and it was fast until about 4 minutes into the race. For about the last minute it felt a little flat but I still turned my fastest lap, top 5, and top 10!






My setup for the B main


Even though I bumped into the A by winning the B main, I decided to drive my brother's car in the A main instead, since he was qualified 4th, and I would need to start 9th. Lol!  I had to trim his car for my radio during warm up, so I only got in a few hot laps to get a feel for his car. Luckily our setups are almost identical. I got a clean start and maintained 4th for the first minute, but I spun out landing the center step up double and dropped down the order. A few cars got together coming onto the straight and I was able to take back 4th!  The 5th place car caught up to me, but I was able to keep my line tight and defended 4th, until he crashed and dropped back. I cruised for the rest of the race and finished in 4th :)

No comments: