Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Stock Buggy, SDRC, Saturday 8/23/14

I went racing again Saturday night!  This time I would only be racing buggy though. I was hoping to have a good showing, but it wasn't meant to be. In each of my qualifiers I had one or 2 big wrecks requiring a marshal and was on my lid for a long time, resulting in a few really long laps, killing my overall race time. Which in a competitive field will drop you several spots on the starting grid.

I ended up qualifying 6th in the A out of 18 entries. I got tangled up near the end of the first lap and dropped to nearly last :(  I drive the wheels off my car trying to catch up, but driving at 105% caused me to crash or make a mistake a few times. Luckily others were doing the same so I was swapping positions every few laps, but still in the back of the pack.  With under a minute to go, a huge wreck along with a frozen marshal, allowed us guys in the back of the back to catch up, creating a 7 car battle for 2nd place!  With 2 laps to go, the 2nd-4th place cars tangled and us guys in the back passed them while they needed a marshal. I would end up finishing in the same place I started, 6th. Not was an exciting and crazy race!





No comments: