Sunday, February 1, 2015

Friday Night Racing, SDRC, 1/30/15

Got the itch to race Friday after work this week.   I would race 13.5 buggy with my RC10WC.

I had a horrible start in the 1st qualifer, getting caught up in other peoples crashes. So I decided to go for the triple! Lol!  I made it clean 3 laps in a row, but on the 4th try, I shorted it and the left front arm took a hit. Parts went flying and and an axle popped out. The arm mount broke and the aluminum screws bent and sheared off!  With no spares, I switched over to racing my B5m with a 17.5, in the 13.5 class. 



My B5m was dialed!  I turned an 18:15 with a 16.6 fast lap!  My best run so far on this layout!


I would start 2nd in the main. I got away clean, but parked it into the pipe in the chicane to the straight trying to catch the leader. A few more mistakes and I dropped to 4th where I finished. At least I had a fast run in round 2. 


First time pitting along the wall. 

No comments: