Monday, December 7, 2015

Motorhead RC Raceway, 12/6/15

I got talked into heading to the desert to race at MHRC Sunday by my friend who couldn't race earlier in the weekend. 

I haven't been there since June, before the track box was expanded and the drivers stand moved. The stand and track box are a little bigger now, but they lost some pit spots in the process. Pits were added upstairs, but I didn't see anyone using those. 


I tried some slicks on my brothers car in practice and round 1, but it didn't work out so well. Lol!


I was 2 laps down and 1 sec slower on fast lap than the leader. Oh well. 


I put some 2.2 gold dirt webs on for round 2 and went 2 laps faster and almost stole the TQ!  But I crashed on the last lap. Lol!


In the main I ended up making a few early mistakes, and needed to push hard mid race in order to catch up. I'd close the gap then crash again!  I stole 2nd on the last lap and had the fast lap of the race at 18.0. 

I'm thinking of racing the second race of the winter series here. Just for fun of course and to see if I can beat the locals. :)

No comments: