Thursday, December 24, 2015

Return to 1/8 buggy!

We headed to SDRC for some pre-Christmas racing. It turned out a lot of other people had the same idea as the stand was full of drivers, 15-20 at a time, from 3pm until racing!  Thus, I only got 1 test run in with my buggy to break in tires, as I couldn't run full speed. 

I would spend all my runs getting used to running the layout with so much power on tap. I also was changing swaybars trying to keep both rear tires on the ground. Lol!  I changed to my softest rear bar and installed the soft front bar. Installing the front bar turned out to be what kept the rear tires on the ground. 

I would qualify 3rd, get a clean start, take the lead, then make a mistake and drop to 7th. Oh well. I need to pick up a few more sway bars to adjust the car balance while keeping the tires on the ground. 




No comments: